I love you

I love you

Friday, April 18, 2014

The beginning



I want to start a blog that helps people.  I want to blog about the epidemic raging through our country, that seems to be the root cause of SO MUCH SUFFERING.  I want to blog about Self Love. What does it mean? How do we achieve loving ourselves?  What is the difference between Self Love and just being selfish?  I want to connect and share stories with others who have hurdled through self love and self acceptance issues.  I want to share powerful self healing techniques to increase self love and self acceptance.  Somehow in this lifetime, I want to make a difference.  This is how I will begin.

I realize to help others, I must first be willing share MY story, all the embarrassing details and more... so to each of you who reads this blog, please be kind to my heart. To share my mistakes and my inner most feelings and secrets, takes great courage.  Much of what I will share with you has come directly from my heart on the pages of my journal, feelings that I have only shared with God up until today. 

I was in denial about my "self love" issues for most of my life... or maybe a kinder way of saying it is that I was just ASLEEP.  I didn't realize that I was lacking self love... I was just plunging along in search of something that finally made me feel good.  I was searching for what everyone else around me already seemed to "have".  I searched for all of it outside of myself.  Trying to find it in romantic relationships, friendships, shopping, partying, sports, school, work, family.  I tried finding some sense of self and happiness in all of the wrong places.  After years of spiritual studies and many many hours of self refection, meditation, and more... the one thing I have found is that what I was searching for was not outside of me at all.  IT WAS INSIDE OF ME.  I was the only one who could help myself.  This realization, though a big AH HA moment, was also extremely frustrating for me. I knew what I wanted to find, how I wanted to "feel", but to get there by hashing through all of my inner garbage, was not REALLY the way I wanted to get there.  But hey, you have to do what you have to do right?  And so it began.

Because this is such a huge topic, and no one wants to read a 12 page blog post, I'm going to end for today with a simple practice I learned from my beloved Spiritual Father, Master Zhi Gang Sha.

One of the most important things we can do to start creating self love is to start talking to ourselves with kind and loving words.  Talk to yourself, your own body, the same way you would talk to your children or your grandparents.  It may feel a little bit funny at first, but try it!  It could help you so much! 



Dear my soul, heart, mind, and body. 
I deeply love you and appreciate every way in which you are helping me live today.
Dear all of my organs, systems, cells, cell units, DNA/RNA, and tiniest spaces inside my entire physical body. I love you and appreciate every way in which you keep me alive and breathing, and living upon this Earth today.
Please forgive me for every way in which I have been unkind, unloving, and cruel to you in any way.  Forgive me for hurting or harming you with my thoughts, actions, and beliefs. 
Please help me to cultivate self love and self acceptance into my life.  
I am so greatful.

Then, use LOVE as your mantra for the day. 

Love, love love love love love love love love love love
love love love love love love love love love love love  love
love love love love love love love love love love love

I love myself.
I love myself.
I love myself
I love myself.
I love myself .
I love myself.
I love myself.

Love Love Love Love Love Love.

Imagine beautiful white light flowing through your entire body each time you chant this beautiful mantra. 
BECOME LOVE.

The longer you chant the LOVE mantra, the better!  Chant it silently or out loud! 

Practice! Practice! Practice!

I send my greatest love to all of you today. 

Love,
Breean

No comments:

Post a Comment